Popular Post
Recent Post

Someone said…that “I dream too much”.

Truthfully speaking, I’m having mixed feelings right now. But in between being sad, surprised, disheartened and slightly angry, I am more perplexed. I was questioned, whether I ever touch the ground and realize that reality has never been that beautiful.

But why?

This is reality. My days where I wake up, take a shower, dress up, greet my parents and leave the house for work is reality. And the times where I get to blog and be recognized for it, meet new people, be inspired to achieve higher, is also reality. And the moments where I have disagreements with my parents, fight with my loved one, feel left out and fail so many times is nothing but reality. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And when the owner says it’s pretty, it just is.

I dream big, and I work hard to achieve it. I believe that life is too short for us to have too many doubts and worries, and life feels very much worthy when we have something we want to achieve at the end of the day. Why settle for what we already have? I think it’s perfectly normal to keep challenging ourselves and redefine the meaning of success everytime we feel we’ve own it by setting another new goal. Life is short, but if you come to think of it, we actually have 365 days in a year. Being 25, I’ve spent about 9,131 days already and that’s a lot. If we look at our lives from this perspective, we are actually given so many days to build new dreams, make them real and move forward. So yes, I dream much, and I am comfortable with it because it makes me feel happy, motivated and complete.

At the very same time, I am fully aware of all the risks and consequences, minor and major. Dreaming requires us to be strong, to be able to tell ourselves to get up and try again if we fail. And most of all, it requires faith.

When people tell you, “you are incapable”, tell them “I’ll give it a try”. And when they say, “go ahead and make a fool out of yourself”, let them know “it’s worth it”.

All things considered, I think it's important to be honest, wise & reasonable. Some dreams might end unachievable. But at least we've tried, and that's all that matters.

:)